Curriculum Development and Training Manager
The Nigerian Institute of Chartered Arbitrators is a registered mark of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Nigeria. It is the first indigenous body of Professional Arbitrators founded in 1979, under the leadership of His Excellency, Judge Bola Ajibola, SAN, KBE and duly incorporated in 1988 under the Companies Act as a legal entity limited by Guarantee. It is a professional body dedicated to the promoting, facilitating and determining of disputes by Arbitration, Mediation, Conciliation and other forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) mechanisms.
Curriculum Development and Training Manager
- This individual will be responsible for managing the Institute’s examination, trainings and membership enrollment processes.
- The person will be responsible for the development, quality control, production of the Institute’s programmes and training curriculum.
- S/he will primarily be responsible for developing and implementing the Institute’s training and professional development strategy for growth and expansion.
- Develop and implement membership enrollment processes
- Manage the application, nominations, records and induction process for membership enrollment
- Manage the coordination, evaluation and assessment of potential members applications
- Responsible for collecting, recording, maintaining and reporting members information and records
- Manage and coordinate membership trainings and assessment process
- Develop and upgrade the Institute’s training and programme’s curriculum
- Manage and coordinate the review/assessment of current curriculum to ensure that course/programme meets intended objectives and requirements.
- Prepare instructional/training materials for production
- Develop training outlines with the necessary basic detail to direct instruction.
- Develop and maintain the Institute’s research database that will be utilised to develop and review curriculum, publications and publicity.
- Develop and strengthen the Institute’s assessment, monitoring, and evaluation procedures
- Monitor and track the impact of Institute’s trainings and research work
- Support Management in other areas related to ensuring the success of the Institute
- A minimum University Degree preferably in Business Administration, Economics, Social Sciences or related field.
- Masters Degree in student/membership services, educational administration or a related area will be an added advantage
- Proven record of successful supervisory experience in a people-oriented environment
- 10 years of direct experience or 7 years in a related area. Preferred 7 years of direct experience in a large membership oriented organisation
- Demonstrated understanding of the application of technology to deliver Examinations, Records and Registration services.
- A proven record in working successfully with diverse populations
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Comprehensive knowledge of current instructional theories and principles applicable to both online and Instructor led learning programmes
- Competence in developing academic and engaging learning/training materials
- Proficiency in developing, designing and deploying instructor e-learning modules using real time technology
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and the application of methodology: good understanding of academic assessment methodologies; excellent ability to identify significant academic learning opportunities
- Proven ICT skills, especially in the management of MIS software/tools using database software
- Experience with multimedia and web design technologies including video conferencing/webinar technologies
- Knowledgeable and functional in technical writing including consistent and correct use of tense, grammar/spelling and terminology that is interesting, varied and appropriate
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong proof reading skills
- Ability to manage multiple task in a dynamic deadline driven environment
- Good organisational and time management skills: ability to be flexible and solve problems
- A positive attitude and ability to plan and adapt to change
- Knowledgeable and experienced in applying adult learning principles
- Strong facilitation and training skills.
Attractive and will be commensurate with experience.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their resume by email to: email@example.com with title of the role as subject.
About Institute of Chartered Arbitrators
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.