A Development Organization is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the following position:
STTA HR Assistant
Position Start Date: Immediately
Duration: 3 Weeks
The STTA HR Assistant is responsible for assisting with day to day HR functions especially as it relates to file audits and compliance. He/She will consistently maintain up-to-date personnel records for all staff. He/She will label and re-organize hard and electronic files, print and update information as necessary. The STTA HR Assistant will ensure compliance in standardized documentation and storage of information. This position will be based in Abuja.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position will report directly to the Human Resources Manager based in Abuja.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies); file papers and documents into appropriate employee files
- In liaison with position supervisor and other department heads, compile outstanding documents for filing
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other tasks, of a reasonable nature, based on capacity of the STTA Human Resources Assistant, not explicitly incorporated herein but integral to meeting the objectives of the position and needs of NERI.
- University Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or Related Field
- Minimum of 1 year proven work experience in HR/Administrative tasks; preferably with an International organization
- Excellent organization and filing skills
- Ability to respect the importance of confidentiality, as you will be dealing with employees’ personal details
- Must demonstrate good understanding of contemporary human resources issues and best practices
- Excellent in spoken and written English language,
- Proficient use of a computer and basic programs, i.e. MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, for generating reports and other communication vehicles,
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to manage a diverse array of professional relationships
- Self-motivated and willing and able to work independently, providing timely deliverables in a quality-oriented manner based on agreed upon formats and templates
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities AND
- A cover letter
To following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference the job title and location on the cover letter and resume /CV.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.